Elmwood Hall, Marcus Patton

£120.00

 

Elmwood Hall, University Road, Belfast.

Elmwood Hall was built originally as the Elmwood Presbyterian Church. It was designed in 1859 by amateur architect John Corry, but not erected until 1862.

Queen’s University Belfast converted the Church into a concert hall and renamed it Elmwood Hall.

Marcus Patton, a past director and chairman of Belfast Print Workshop, was born in Enniskillen and studied architecture at Queen’s University, Belfast.

Patton’s work ranges from pen-and- ink drawings to watercolours, often of architectural subjects, and from concert posters-about 400 to date, many hand-printed in silk-screen-to caricatures. He has completed commissions for the Linen Hall Library, Belfast, the Arts Council of Northern Ireland, and for the White House, creating the poster marking President Clinton’s visit to Belfast in 2000. He was awarded the OBE in 1995.

1 in stock

Category: Tags: , ,

Description

Silkscreen print on rag paper,

Dimension 600 x 450mm.

Unframed.