What should I consider before appointing an architect?
The ultimate success of your project depends on the quality of your brief, this sets out clearly the requirements and functions of your building and what you are looking for from your project.
Your Architect will help you prepare the final brief, but it will be helpful to first consider the following:
- your aims
- your budget
- your design style: do you want a contemporary or high-tech design?
- are you concerned about having a sustainable or ecological design?
- your reasons for embarking on this building project: what activities are intended for it?
- who will make the decisions about the designs, costs and construction when the project is underway?
- your overall expectations: what do you hope to achieve by this project – more space, more light, variety of uses, greater flexibility?